Sunday, January 4, 2015

Shopping, Crafting, and 16 Week Update

My mom and I have been kicking of the New Year by crafting and shopping our hearts out! She's been in town for the holidays, and will be returning to TX this week, so we have been making the most of her short time here!

Shopping!

First and most exciting, we found a crib! Surprising to find one this early in the game, but it's just what we want, and my Mom wanted to buy it for the baby! Thank you so much Mom! It's perfect!
Can't wait to see our little bambino in it all swaddled 'n sleepy!



Finding the crib bedding will be a whole other story... still considering making our own as opposed to looking for a set... but there are some awful cute ones out there! Good thing we still have time to think about it while waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl! This is one of our favorites so far...





                             


 Also loving these sports themes!






                                                 


Crafting!

Mom and I had made some soft foam blocks for my niece for Christmas, and we had just enough supplies left over to make another set for Reindeer Packer! 



For our next project, we found some really cute flannel, and soft absorbent chenille, and decided it would be fun to try our hand at sewing some burp cloths. (Thank you Pinterest!) We got the fabric on sale, and will end up with 10 for less than $2 each. I thought they turned out pretty cute for a nice price. 





16 Week Update

Still feeling pretty good - less nausea, more energy. I am getting very excited about the idea of feeling the baby move. Of course I know it will be a few more weeks, but I still try every night when I'm laying still to see if I can feel something! 

I get updates from thebump.com, and it's always funny to see which fruit they will pick to represent the baby's size. (and for some reason they always describe the baby as a 'she' - maybe they know something i don't?)



your baby's the size of an avocado!
Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat.

your baby at 16 weeks
She's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears.
She's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
And she's forming taste buds.




 

2 comments:

  1. Love all the projects! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "she's listening to your voice" line have me chills!! So cute! And yes the foam blocks and burp cloths are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete