Friday, May 8, 2015

34 Weeks - A true SURPRISE!!

My mom lives in South Texas, and was planning on making the journey to Kentucky so she could be here for the baby shower the family throwing on May 17. Well, she decided it would be a fabulous surprise to arrive early and be here to celebrate my 36th birthday! (May 5) The weekend before my birthday, I was sitting on the couch, and imagine how happy my face was when I opened the door to see my sweet Mom, who said "Happy Birthday!" I had no idea she was on her way, even though everyone else knew, even Dusty! They kept it a secret well!



Since my birthday is Cinco de Mayo, it's been fun to go to dinner with the family to a Mexican restaurant. The last couple of years, we have gone to Chuy's. It has a festive atmosphere, good food, and it's so much fun to get together with the family!!





Baby Gifts

We feel like our baby so loved already! Gifts have arrived in the mail from our out of town loved ones, and it's so much fun! We are beyond lucky to have such thoughtful friends and family! We are so thankful!

Infant Carrier Car Seat from Dusty's Uncle Dale and Aunt Sue

High Chair from Kelly & Steven Peyton



Bronchitis, and Swelling, and Braxton's, Oh My!! 
I've felt pretty good during this pregnancy, but this last week, I caught bronchitis, and was pretty miserable! I was so tired, and coughed just about constantly. It made it hard to go to work, but eventually I recovered, thank goodness! A fun new pregnancy symptom I've developed is swelling in my ankles. It's surprising how big they can get when I'm on my feet! It comes and goes, so it's not bad every day, and I put my feet up on several pillows when I get home, which helps somewhat. This week I also experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions. They are mild contractions that are not painful, and are normal during the pregnancy - they are not actually labor contractions. They are described as the uterus "practicing" for labor - hah! Well they can be uncomfortable (though not painful), and I had wondered if I would recognize them, but there was no mistaking them. I did have quite a few in a row, so I drank a LOT of water (they can result from dehydration) and they went away, which relieved me! This early in the game, I don't really want any contractions, even "practice" ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment