Thursday, October 5, 2017

BIG year, few posts

A whole lot has happened this year, but the most exciting highlight of the year is the anticipation of the arrival of our second baby!

On April 25, we found out the exciting news that Olivia will be a big sister! Baby #2 is officially due Jan 3, 2018.

On May 5, we shared the big news with our immediate family. We went to Chuy's for Cinco de Mayo dinner and handed out "coupons" for a grandbaby/neice or nephew/cousin redeemable in 2018.

On July 7, Olivia helped us share the big news with our public announcement.


On July 9, we had a gender reveal party, this time Olivia and her cousins helped share the news: it's a BOY! We were definitely shocked to find that out! With 5 neices and a daughter, we thought for sure another girl was on the way!



We've had a few ultrasounds, and the anatomy scan was perfect, and that's something we couldn't be more thankful for: a healthy little peanut.

I did take a fall this last week down the last couple of steps of the parking garage on my way to work. I caught myself with my hands and didn't land on my belly so that was good. Even though I didn't feel like I landed very hard, the OB triage center still recommended that I come in to have baby on the monitor-just standard with any fall during pregnancy. I was already in the right building, since we'll be having the baby at UK, so that was super convenient. And the House Administrator was bery understanding and didn't count it against me as a call in, even though I wasn't able to report to work for the first few hours. I was so stressed out about that I was in tears, so I think she just felt sorry for me, haha!

I could feel baby boy kicking and squirming the whole way over, so that was re-assuring and I wasn't too worried. He was even punching at the monitor once it was on - with quite a bit of force! - bc he can already sense light and see shadows... so wierd and amazing! The doc came in and I got to see another ultrasound - one of my favorite parts of pregnancy... its just so beautiful to me watching little peanut move around on the screen... and then also feeling the movements at the same time! So surreal and amazing.

We'll have another ultrasound on October 27, where they will measure baby and see how big he is! Very much looking forward to seeing the little guy again! And even more excited for the day I get to hold him in my arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment